Many of us struggle or have struggled with depression. Depression is directly related to our weight loss journey and is closely intertwined. Ginger’s testimony will offer you hope and encouragement.
Before Weight Loss, God’s Way
1. During the Cold War, my daddy was gone a lot and my mom suffered from depression. We were neglected and emotionally abandoned. At 4 years old I was already caring for my little brother and up until the age of 6, experienced many traumatic events including a situation where a man shot himself in our house.
2. After 20 years of marriage, my first husband left my daughter and me. At the age of 38, my family doctor said I was clinically depressed and placed me on anti-depressants.
3. I became the Drama Queen (middle child & all that). Believing that people would judge me and doubt my salvation if they knew of the emotional struggles, I hid my anxiety & depression by being entertaining. I very much needed and wanted approval and attention. I began to realize that I must have been depressed since I was 6 because when I started school, I would become extremely sick to my stomach and missed many days of my first & second week of school every year until I was in 8th grade.
4. I barely escaped being kidnapped by two men who were wanted for the murder of four people just 20 miles away. This is when I lost all trust in others keeping me safe and developed a controlling behavior.
5. After breaking my back on an amusement ride I went from 118 to 140 lbs, because I couldn’t walk and had periods of being bedridden weeks at a time. After back surgery at the age of 42, I was out of work for 6 months. That’s when I really began to put on weight due to compulsive eating, then spiraled deeper into depression.
6. Throughout my life, I struggled with depression even though I had a career in advising college students, job development, and public speaking. And so, the weight gain continued & my health deteriorated more until I was forced to abandon the career I loved and was put on monthly gamma globulin infusions in 2003. My immunologist said that for every hour of activity (even just visiting someone or talking on the phone) it was required of me to rest for 2 to 3 hours. Basically, from 2003 to 2015 my life consisted of being waited on hand and foot and I was nearly bedridden.
7. In April 2017 my life spiraled out of control and my pastor was summoned. As he read God’s truth to me, the light began to shine again. Then he and my husband prayed over me–and, so began the turning point of healing in me.
8. The answer to my depression came in June of 2017 when I found “21 Days to Beat Depression“ by Carol McLeod, founder of Just Joy Ministries. I thought, “no way” is 21 days going to cure my life-long condition but surely it can help. I began to have revelations, and Carol taught this key fact: We read the Bible not mainly for knowledge BUT for Transformation! God’s power became real to me AND I began to take Him at His Word! Carol McLeod teaches as Cathy Morenzie does–according to God’s Word, by the inspiration of the Holy Spirit, and always in love & grace.
9. After going through about a week of “21 Days to Beat Depression” I woke up one day and began mending projects on my sewing machine that hadn’t been touched in 7 years! The next day I got up at 7:30 and fixed breakfast. My husband came in and said, “Who are you and what have you done with my wife.” I hadn’t made my own breakfast in a decade! I knew God was doing magnificent work in me!
10. Then it was time to address obesity. I had tried so many weight loss fads and programs but nothing worked until after completing that “21 Days to Beat Depression”. I spent another 6 months searching for a program suitable for me. Nothing helped until I found another 21-day program on ‘YouVersion’, which was Cathy’s “WLGW 21-Day Challenge!” I’m consistently releasing 6 lbs a month and will reach my goal in March of next year.
After Joining Weight Loss, God’s Way
Stepping Stone #1 – The WLGW 21-Day Challenge!
What a blessed treasure this is! An absolute must to open your eyes and initiate the “Transformation Process.” I saw clear evidence of Cathy being the instrument to bring the truth to thousands of women in bondage all over the world.
“Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.” John 8:32 NIV
“So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.” John 8:36 NIV
For a decade I believed that if I could just get healthy and have energy, it would solve the whole dilemma! I was totally blind to the chains that I had given Satan to hold me down; and blind to the obsession I had with food! Thinking it wasn’t that sinful, I had a huge list of legitimate excuses: I’m on so much medication; I’m weak; low oxygen saturation; a broken back; Fibromyalgia; and immune issues requiring weekly infusions! Yeah, I had every legitimate excuse a person could be granted, humanly speaking.
I felt I had grown spiritually in the last 5 years and that I was experiencing success in several areas. My testimonies were being effective. But, I confess to you today that the growth in my spirit and my faith walk didn’t include one single aspect of ‘food or ‘self-control’. I didn’t have the connection with the Spirit or the women who could mentor me and pray for me where food was concerned—a total lack of discipline which WLGW called me out on! In fact, I was totally disconnected from the power of the Word and not walking in faith in that area of my life.
Cathy reminds us of this frequently–stay connected, work the lessons, get an accountability partner, memorize Scripture, and be diligent.
“And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds, not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another – and all the more as you see the Day approaching.” Hebrews 10:24-25 NIV
“Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.” Ephesians 6:17 NIV
“As you hold firmly to the word of life. And then I will be able to boast on the day of Christ that I did not run or labor in vain.” Philippians 2:16 NIV
“But his delight is in the law of the Lord; and in his law doth he meditate day and night. And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.” Psalms 1:2-3
I realized early on that Cathy Morenzie had her heart and mindset on delivering the good news to women with weight problems. And, I personally believe every beginner should start with the “21-Day Challenge.”
Stepping Stone #2 – My Fitness Pal
But can we afford another app? Ladies, YES YOU CAN! God will provide if you commit and ask for provisions [or you can use the free version].
“Which of you, if your son asks for bread, will give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake? If you … know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!” Matthew 7:9-11 NIV
There is so much power and deliverance when we decide to take God at his Word. I learned to confess it this way: “God I don’t know how you’re going to do it BUT in obedience to You and with my will I accept it! ” If I doubt for a moment or allow nay-sayers to discourage me, then I ask God to credit to me the faith I have shown in the past, remind me to rebuke Satan, to focus on His promise, and NEVER TRUST my emotions!
Stepping Stone #3 – ‘Breakthrough’ or Bootcamp for my Oversized Booty!
At the very beginning of Breakthrough, Cathy had us right our Why, our Goal, changes we intend to implement to reach our goal, and our Vision. I thought ‘ok’ this is just busywork to help our minds develop some focus, so I did my very best because I’m an achiever. I had no idea how powerful this true-to-life “FUTURE” vision would take hold of me! After only 5 months people are saying “Who are you?” and “Your Light is shining bright” and “The Lord’s doing a work in you!” They can’t believe the change. WLGW is truly a very powerful key to transformation … not some trendy or new age thinking!
The Breakthrough coursework taught me there can be no transformation without devoting time in prayer, working through the lessons, and spending ‘quiet time’ with the Lord! It brought me to a brokenness state of mind so that God could work in me, and He has in a mighty way! Please practice His presence through prayer, the exercises, and group participation … it will change your life!
Here are the keys lessons from ‘Breakthrough’ that will EQUIP you to succeed:
- *Recognize & Stop the B.S.;
- *PRAY for insight as you work the weekly Modules and daily Units to learn your…;
- *True Identity and allow God to reveal what might have become perverted as we develop;
- *THEN capitalize on Cathy’s teachings of the “Reset Process” to become the woman God intended you to be;
- *Read the prayers that are written for us;
- *Listen to the recorded calls if you can’t be on it;
- *Don’t skip “Friday Reflections” by listening to the beautiful inspiring worship music–each is spirit-filled;
- *Read the posts and congratulate those succeeding, Encourage the struggling and weak ones, and pray daily for anyone God puts on your heart. (We should all be praying daily for every member, Cathy, her family, and her ministry.)
- *When Satan trips you up, OR you just willingly jump into that big hole, turn to Scripture and prayer!
“He says, “Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.” Psalm 46:10
“The Lord your God is with you, the Mighty Warrior who saves. He will take great delight in you; in his love he will no longer rebuke you, but will rejoice over you with singing.” Zephaniah 3:17 NIV
By the way, when we take our sin to God and confess it, we are simply coming into agreement with Him! You can’t say anything that will surprise Him. He will never say, “Well, I didn’t see that coming!” Or, “I’m so disappointed in you.” You are completely safe with Abba, Father!
I must remain a monthly member of WLGW because I know that I won’t, I can’t do this by myself! “If a man abideth in me and I in him he will bear much fruit, apart from me he can do NOTHING!”
Finally. Every possible resource ANYONE could ever need is right on Cathy Morenzie’s WLGW’s website! I mean everything! You can trust completely that she desires to do only what the Father instructs–according to His Word, prompted by the Holy Spirit–and she does it ALL to help us succeed!
God Bless each of you on your journey and as Cathy reminds us:
IT IS A PROCESS
To learn more about the Weight Loss, God’s Way Programs, or to sign up to become a member, visit www.weightlossgodsway.com. Try it free for the first 10 days.
Ginger, Thank you SO much for being open and sharing your lifelong struggles and journey with us. My response to your testimony is Amen, Amen, and Amen! I look forward to continuing on this journey with you through Weight Loss God’s Way! Let us not give up meeting together and encouraging one another!
Dear Ginger, you are a Blessing to me. Your story is so open and has me in tears. Yes Cathy’s site is truly a Blessing, to so many. Your sharing has my mind and heart running to my Bible. I just left Cathy a message about a health problem I am facing, even surgery is mild compared with your message.
Thank You, and I pray you continue on this journey with Cathy and help others
see all is possible with our loving Abba, father.
Thank you so very much for your inspiring words. What a blessing the Lord has done in your life.
I do have a logistical question…..is it necessary to be on FACEBOOK for membership? Thank you…