“For all the promises of God find their Yes in him. That is why it is through him that we utter Amen to God for his glory.”~ 2 Cor. 1:20
So far we’ve created our vision for our health. This vision will serve to remind us of our end point on our journey. It’s the ‘X’ on the map when the path gets rough or we lose our way. It’s our north star that will continue to call to us.
Today we will talk about our ‘Why’. It is the fuel that’s going to keep us fired up until we get there. It’s our reason for doing what we do each day and the reason we commit the time to exercising and taking care of our bodies. Without a compelling ‘why’, your dreams will just remain dreams. You need a compelling ‘why’ that will drive you to take action day in and day out.
Many of us wander through life aimlessly and utterly frustrated with our health because we’ve grounded it on the wrong things- external things. We’ve been convinced that good health should look like the women in the beer commercials or people at the gym working out for hours each day and following the latest diet. Or we’ve been seduced to believe that if only we had more money for the right foods, the right trainer, more patience, more willpower, more time to focus on ourselves or different circumstances then we would be better off. Unfortunately (
or fortunately) none of these things provide enough motivation to make you stick to it.
Your ‘why’ needs to be grounded in principles and not feelings. As Christian women, our ‘why’ is most powerful when it’s grounded on G
od’s principles. You see, behind every one of God’s principles there is a promise. Behind our feelings are nothing but, well, more feelings.
“By which he has granted to us his precious and very great promises, so that through them you may become partakers of the divine nature, having escaped from the corruption that is in the world because of sinful desire.” 2 Peter 1:4
When you know your ‘why’ you will:
- find the courage to take risks and try new things
- stay motivated even when you don’t feel like it
- keep moving towards your vision
- not cower when the enemy tries to whisper lies in your ear
For today’s exercise take some time and ground your ‘why’ in God’s promises for you by reflecting on these questions:
- How is your health directly related to what God has called you to do in this world?
- Who is relying on you to be in excellent health?
- How will the world be impacted by your testimony?
- What are some of God’s promises to you regarding your health?
My ‘why’s’ for being in excellent health are:
- To reflect God’s glory
- Because I know that my body is God’s temple
- To change and affect the lives of other women around the world
- To leave a legacy for my family
- To live the abundant life that God has called me to live
As a reference, here are some of God’s promises to us. I suggest you make a list of your own:
- For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. ~Jer. 29:11
- “I am leaving you with a gift—peace of mind and heart. And the peace I give is a gift the world cannot give. So don’t be troubled or afraid. ~ John 14:27
Review yesterday’s lesson here: Making Exercise a Habit
[button link=” https://cathymorenzie.com/members-area/haven-membership-area/” type=”big” color=”orange”] BREAKTHROUGH HOME[/button]