Success Spotlight – Amy H.

Hello, my name is Amy H. I am sad to say that this is the third time in my life that I have lost a significant amount of weight. I reached my highest weight of 220 lbs in January 2020 (I was 222 lbs. when I gave birth to my twins). My current weight is 179 lbs. I have lost 41 pounds since January and I am still on my journey. My goal is to be at 150 lbs.

It was in January when Michele M. introduced me to Weight Loss, God’s Way. We agreed to be accountability partners. I have tried many different types of diets with minimal success.

However, I discovered that the missing piece of the puzzle was inviting Christ to be part of my journey.

Having an accountability partner has been key to keeping me focused on my goal, and using the MyFitnessPal app has allowed me to see what I am eating. Also, having a device to track my steps has taught me to be focused.

I can say it has definitely been a journey of staying focused on my goal while keeping God in the center. I don’t know where I’d be without WLGW.

One verse that has recently spoken to me is Ephesians 2:10 (NLT), “For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things He has planned for us long ago.”

5 4 votes
Article Rating
Notify of
guest

13 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
Jan Christianson
Jan Christianson
18 days ago

What an inspiration you are!

Nicola Simpson
Nicola Simpson
18 days ago

Amy H
You look fabulous
Keep up the great work
KEEP ON….

Brea
Brea
18 days ago

Congratulations!! Thank you for sharing! I am so thrilled for you and am praying for you as you continue on your journey. When you’ve reached that level of success, do you ever feel like you forget why you’re doing what you’re doing when you’re faced with a meal time? I’ve had similar success to you in the same time frame even, but have been “stuck” because I feel like I lost my focus and don’t know how to get it back. Any suggestions?

Christy
Christy
18 days ago

Congratulations on your journey. I can soooo relate to your story! I lost 92lbs in my 20s and after having all my babies, have gained back about half. I have been up and down all my life but am back at it and have lost 16 thus far. In all the times I have tried to lose weight keeping honoring God with my body and Him at the center has been what has helped me be successful every time. I will confess that this week has been rough, causing me to question why go through all the struggle. But your… Read more »

Pamela W.
Pamela W.
18 days ago

Congratulations Amy on your successful weight release! You put in the work and the Lord sustained and blessed you in the process. I know you want to be healthy to raise and keep up with your little blessings. May God continue to be your strength as you stay on the journey. It’s wonderful to see the program success stories. Thank you for sharing Cathy.

Charlene Andre
Charlene Andre
18 days ago

This is so inspiring. I am on a similar journey with nearly the same weight to lose. And I’m happy to report o I’ve lost 8 pounds so far! Constant prayer when around food is doing it for me. I can do all things through God who strengthens me!