Snacking and weight loss don’t often go together and can be a challenge for many of us. Usually because our snacks consist of sugary or high fat foods that can sabotage our weight loss success. Check out my list of 12 healthy, weight loss snack foods that will not only leave you satisfied, but are also good for you and can help you to lose weight.
- Almonds – Contain healthy fats, fiber, protein, magnesium and vitamin E. They are great for weight loss because they help to lower your blood sugar levels.
- Berries – They are a great weight loss snack because they are high in fibre and water so they make you feel full. They also have high levels of phytochemical which means that they that help protect cells from damage.
- Raw coconut – I love coconuts. Coconut milk, coconut water, coconut pulp, coconut oil and coconut meat. Their benefits vary but they will all aid in weight loss while provide a ton of essential vitamins and minerals to help rev your metabolism.
- Eggs – I happen to think that eggs are one of the world’s most perfect foods. They are an inexpensive high protein, low-fat snack that are a rich source of selenium, vitamin D, B6, B12, zinc, iron and copper.
- Cucumber salad – This was simple and pretty. I just ‘spiralized’ a cucumber, carrot, and red pepper and added some olive oil, garlic and ginger.
- Guacamole dip – Avocados are jammed packed with nutrients. They are a good source of dietary fiber, vitamin K, copper, folate, vitamin B6, potassium, vitamin E, and vitamin C.
- Banana pancakes (higher carb) – I love this snack because it’s so simple to make–bananas and eggs, that’s it. When you’re really feeling for a ‘treat’ this will definitely hit the spot.
- Sweet potato fries (use the actifryer) – Sweet potatoes are a good source of vitamin A and C, as well as a good source of fibre and potassium. They have fewer calories, more fibre and more total carbohydrates than regular potatoes despite having more sugar.
- Fried plantain in coconut oil (higher carb) – Plantains are a good source of potassium and fibre and contain less sugar and more vitamin A and C than regular bananas.
- Dark chocolate and almond butter – What a perfect combination. Dark chocolate is a great source antioxidants and is also high in fibre. It tastes great with a spoon of almond butter.
- Cucumber and salmon salad – Salmon is very high in vitamin B12, vitamin D, and selenium. Hollow out a cucumber to a power packed lunch or snack that will leave you feeling satisfied.
- Lettuce wrap – Easy to make and nutritious, lettuce wraps provide you with a hefty serving of protein with additional nutrients and fibre in the lettuce.
The next time you feel at a loss for what you can eat for a healthy snack, try one of these snacks. You can find some of the recipes in my cookbook here: Weight Loss, God’s Way 21-Day Meal Plan