“For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them.” Ephesians 2:10
Have you ever looked at something so beautiful that you were in awe with the love, care, time, and dedication that went into creating something so inspiring? It might have been a play you saw, a piece of artwork like a Picasso, Michelangelo, or Rembrandt.
Have you ever thought of yourself as God’s workmanship—God’s intelligent design, crafted to perfection? Like a magnificent cathedral or a piece of artwork, God designed each and every one of us with a unique style, personality, gifts, and talents. And part of His incredible design is for us to be in good health.
How do we know this?
Because in God’s infinite wisdom, He has designed our bodies to naturally heal and restore themselves to healthy states.
Check this out
1. Your taste buds are replaced every 10 days. 
2. The average blood cell lives for 120 days. 
3. The acid in your stomach is strong enough to dissolve razor blades. The reason it doesn’t eat away at your stomach is that the cells of your stomach wall renew themselves so frequently that you get a new stomach lining every three to four days. 
4. The human brain cell can hold 5 times as much information as an encyclopedia. 
5. Humans can make-do longer without food than sleep. Provided there is water, the average human could survive one to two months without food, depending on their body fat and other factors. Sleep deprived people, however, start experiencing radical personality and psychological changes after only a few sleepless days. 
6. Cells that face lots of wear and tear, such as skin cells, red blood cells, and those that line the stomach and intestinal tract, replace each other very quickly. 
7. The liver, which detoxifies every food, beverage, and drug you ingest, replaces all its cells in less than 18 months. 
8. Without physical activity, your body surmises that it’s winter—literally. So your body starts burning fewer calories and packing on fat. 
9. Muscle tissue is three times more efficient at burning calories than fat. 
10. The human bone is about 4 times stronger than concrete. 
11. The body sheds more than one million skin cells a day. This amounts to over forty pounds of skin during our lifetime. 
12. Millions of bacteria live on your body. The majority of bacteria on your body is harmless and can even be beneficial. Certain types of bacteria on the skin can prevent disease and infection. 
13. We exercise at least 36 muscles when we smile. 
14. Exercise and diet can either reduce or delay the incidence of diabetes by over 50%. 
Amazing, huh? None of this is random or chance. This is how God designed us. God designed our bodies to actually improve with use. He designed it to naturally heal and repair itself at incredible speeds, IF you take care of it.
The human body is a rare thing: it actually improves with use. If you look after your body, it can heal itself and even regenerate at speeds you may have previously thought impossible.
So, what happened?
If God designed our bodies to be healthy and heal itself naturally, what happened? We’ve fallen for too many lies.
1. We’ve been seduced by commercials offering us a happier life if we consume certain products—‘Drink Coke; ‘eat at McDonald’s’; ‘melt fat without exercise.’
2. Other people’s opinions of who we are have become more important than who we know deep down inside that we were created to be.
3. Too often we walk around feeling defeated. We live as if we have no purpose or destiny, letting every setback and trial take us out for the count.
But there is hope!
It’s time to get back in alignment with our original healthy design. It’s time to replace the lies with God’s truth.
- Allow the truth of God’s Word to permeate your unhealthy habits, your fears, and your limiting beliefs.
- See yourself as God sees you–healthy, whole, and complete.
- Listen to your body’s natural cues: Go to sleep when you’re tired; eat when you’re hungry; and stop when you’re full.
God’s divine and healthy image has been divinely and uniquely imprinted on each of us. Knowing this, how can you live today as if you are truly created in the image of your Heavenly Father? Hold your head up high, walk with confidence, do your best to eat healthy, and take care of your beautiful temple. And only speak well of yourself.
Look at what God says about how and why He designed you
“I will give thanks and praise to You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Wonderful are Your works, And my soul knows it very well.” Psalm 139:14
“Then God said, ‘Let us make man in our image, in our likeness’ …. So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them.” Genesis 1:26-27
“The Spirit of God has made me, and the breath of the Almighty gives me life.” Job 33:4
“But now, O Lord, you are our Father; we are the clay, and you are our potter; we are all the work of your hand.” Isaiah 64:8
“Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your bodies.” 1 Corinthians 6:19-20
Pray this prayer
Lord, I thank you that I am fearfully and wonderfully made. I thank you for the beauty, intelligence, and health that you’ve placed inside of me. Because you created me in your image, I find my value and self-worth in you.
I am your workmanship—the work of your hands, and knowing this I live to glorify you in my body. Give me your strategies to eat healthy and to exercise my physical body. It is in you that we live, move, and have our being.
I decree and declare total health, healing, and wholeness in your Holy Name!