This past year in Weight Loss, God’s Way we began using the hashtag #ThisMatters. It’s a reminder that our daily choices DO MATTER and that sometimes we have to draw a line in the proverbial sand and stand firm!
As we prepare to start 2019 with the 40 day Sugar Detox: Sugar-Free and Spirit-Filled Challenge, I have been studying the significance of how the number 40 matters! It’s pretty fascinating stuff! God never ceases to amaze me!
In the Bible the number 40 symbolizes a period of testing, trial, or preparation: 40 days is a preparation for a NEW THING!
- Moses spent 40 years in Egypt, 40 years the desert, 40 years at Mt. Sinai, 40 days spying out the Promised Land.
- Jonah warned Nineveh for 40 days that its destruction was coming.
- Ezekiel laid on his right side (Ez. 4:6) for 40 days to symbolize Judah’s sin.
- Elijah fasted for 40 days with no food or water on Mt. Horeb.
- Jesus appeared to the disciples for 40 days after his resurrection.
- Noah was on the Ark 40 days and nights.
- God destroyed the earth with water for 40 days.
- Goliath taunted the Philistines for 40 days before David arrived on the scene and to slay him
What’s even more fascinating is that the 40 days of trial and testing is always followed by triumph or victory.
God’s Word is filled with His promises and examples of NEW THINGS that were birthed in 40 days!
As you prepare for 2019, let go of your past and seek out what God HAS FOR YOU NOW!
“I am going to do something new. It is already happening. Don’t you recognize it? I will clear a way in the desert. I will make rivers on dry land”. Isaiah 43:19 God’s Word Version
#40Days #SugarFree #SpiritFilled #ThisMatters
WLGW Team Member
P.S. if you are tired of circling the same mountain over and over and want a Christ-centered approach to lasting weight loss without feeling guilty, deprived, or overwhelmed, be sure to sign up for our video course program right away at cathymorenzie.com